I first ate this hearty meal three months ago, and since then, I have always included it in my monthly meal plan, along with the Chicken Pot Pie. In this post, I will share information about this delectable meal and why I think it is a good dinner or lunch option, especially for weight loss.
What is Chicken Parmesan?
This meal consists of breaded chicken that is topped with low-fat mozzarella, seasoned tomato sauce, and tangy Asiago cheese. The chicken is then nestled on a tasty bed of spaghetti. Being a diet-friendly and low-calorie meal, I always prefer it to many other options as it is perfect for weight loss. It is packed with high protein and fiber content, a fact that also made me consider adding it to my meal plan.
Why Chicken Parmesan?
There are several reasons why I love this product from Nutrisystem, but I will give two main reasons. The first one is its ingredients which include;
- Cooked enriched pasta.
This pasta is made with enriched semolina, folic acid, thiamine, vegetable fiber, niacin, wheat gluten, and pectin, all of which have a wide range of weight loss benefits. I often like foods with complex vitamins (since the human body only produces vitamins D and K), so the inclusion of niacin, riboflavin, thiamine and folic acid makes this food great for me.
- Breaded chicken breast with rib meat
Breaded chicken is always a healthier alternative to red meat, and this is another reason I find this meal great. The chicken also includes soy protein, yellow corn flour, spices, paprika extracts which give me antioxidant benefits, spice extractives, onions, carrageenan, among other components with a wide range of nutritional and weight loss benefits.
- Diced tomatoes and tomato paste
The diced tomatoes contain calcium chloride, which is an essential mineral for the body and citric acid.
- Low-fat mozzarella and Asiago cheeses
I like the fact that the cheese has reduced fat, meaning that the amount of saturated fat in it is greatly reduced. It is made using cheese cultures, enzymes, modified corn starch, nonfat milk, vitamin a palmitate, and salt.
Other important ingredients that make me love this food include garlic and less than 2 percent onions (I love the flavor they add), burgundy wine, natural flavors, and cornstarch, among other ingredients.
The second reason I will always choose this food item for my weight loss program is its nutritional value and the fact that it has low calories. One serving has just 27o calories, which is a good amount for a satisfying dinner. This is one of the top reasons I chose this meal as I still need to lose more weight.
Here is a look at its nutrition facts;
- The meal has 38g of carbohydrates which are quickly metabolized to give me sufficient energy to do stuff. The 4g of sugars in this product also contribute to my energy boost besides helping to balance my blood sugar levels.
- The total fat content is 8g of which only 2.5g is saturated fat. There is 0g of trans fat. This means I don’t have to worry about my heart health as most of the fat is the “healthy fat” which is also metabolized to give me energy.
- The 6g of dietary fiber is also sufficient enough to see to it that my digestive processes are okay and that my blood sugar and cholesterol levels are appropriately balanced.
- With as high as 14g of protein per serving, Chicken Parmesan helps my body to repair tissue and build muscles after my workouts which I do every evening. The protein is also sufficient for a quick absorption of nutrients.
- With up to 8 percent of vitamin A and also 8 percent of vitamin C, this food item ensures that my diet is complete, and gives me the immune system boost that everyone needs. There are also reasonable amounts of such minerals as calcium, iron, and sodium.
- The food has great flavor
- It is easy to make
- A wide range of nutrients
- Provides a balanced diet
- ow calories
The meal gives me a full feeling, so I get satisfied quickly, which is good for my weight loss. It also has a high nutritional value. I will choose it any day.